Yes it may be freezing outside, but pooches still need their exercise! While some dogs enjoy a good romp in the snow we have put together a list of the fun exercises you can do from the toasty indoors.
- Dog Aerobics- work out with Leroy’s Fit Pit
- Musical canine freestyle- what started as a new method of do training has turned into a professional sport- check out examples here (we also found this crazy example crazy poodle woman workout)!
- Create your own indoor dogstacle course- use chairs, tables, boxes, mops, hula hoops and whatever else you can find. Run through the course with your pup to get your daily exercise as well!
- Doga- sign up for some Dog Yoga classes, or check out online instructional videos
- Have stairs? Use ‘em- run up and down the stairs a few times. Guaranteed to wipe you both out.
- A cheap laser pointer = hours of entertainment- shine it around and watch your dog chase after it (don’t shine it in your pooches eyes!)
- Indoor versions of outdoor games- play fetch, keep away, tug of war and more. Just maybe don’t play around breakables…
- Use a treadmill- there are ones designed especially for dogs (such as DogTread), but you can use a human one, just take the proper precautions.
- Play shaping games– for a little mental stimulation
- All about the nose- hide treats around the house and watch your pup sniff them out
We also love making our pooches work for their treats- these toys are great: Omega Paw Tricky Treat Ball, PetSafe Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug Meal Dispensing Dog Toy, Nina Ottosson DogCasino Interactive game
Check out more exercise suggestions: