Some dogs are just content to sleep all day, hang out and chill. But even the laziest of dogs needs a little action in their lives. And sometimes you just have to be the tough love parent and get them moving!
Try these 5 simple tips to get them going:
- Be social and fun, try taking your lazy pooch to a dog run, or a dog park. Being around other dogs may wake them up and at the least get some playful time in
- Dust off those old cobwebs and get some mental stimulation by teaching your dog a new trick
- Get fit! Try and incorporate more exercise on walks such as sprints or running up and down some stairs
- If the only thing they will get up for is food, make them work for it. Hide treats around the house and turn it into a game of “hide and seek”
- Try and understand the reasons they may be lazy. Could it be health or diet related? Worth having a conversation with your vet about this!
What do you do to motivate your lazy pets?