Spring is in the air!
The spring breeze, the longer days, the joys of being outside in the warm sunshine. We love spring, and we are oh so glad it’s back!
But before you throw reckless abandon into the wind, use our easy spring checklist to make sure your god is just as ready for the changing season as you.
- Grooming– ‘Tis the season for shedding. Get a leg up on hairballs but taking your pooch to the groomers for a weather appropriate cut.
- Flea control- Warm weather brings back an assortment of fleas, ticks and the likes. Check out our recommendations on various methods to keep them away.
- Heartworm prevention– mosquito’s are back ad can bring with them one of the largest dangers to household pets. Now’s the time to get back on the heartworm prevention medication if you took a break during winter.
- Seasonal allergies– While we may be sneezing with watery eyes and a leaky nose, dog allergies tend to show up on their skin. Keep an eye out for excessive itching. If you think your dog has allergies visit your vet, and look at our guide to homemade remedies that can help ease their itching.
- Exercise and get into shape– This is the perfect time to start working off those winter pounds. If you have been extra lazy this winter start slow with long walks and work your way up a jog in the park.
- Shade and water– While this is important year round it’s even more important now! If you are for long periods made sure that your dog is getting some rest in the shade, and enough to drink. We love this portable water bowl which is a snap to carry around.
- Microchip– if your dog is going to be spending more time outside it’s best to get them a microchip. Just in case..
- Keep e’m clean– Running around in the spring to us = running around in the mud. We absolutely love Dog Tails to clean up after a long days play!