Happy National Mutt Day!!
What is a Mutt?
A mixed-breed dog is a testament to nature. Without any input from humans, the mixed breed defies description. Available in all sizes, shapes, colors, and patterns, he might have a long snout or a short nose. He may display prick ears or floppy ones. He could have a stubby tail, spindly legs, a giant spot over his left eye or all three. Drawing from a broader, more diverse gene pool, his intensity is softer than his pedigreed cousins, his drives and compulsions mercifully muted.
Or in simpler terms just the cutest dogs ever! Proof:
How can you celebrate national Mutt day?
1. Adopt a Mutt from your local shelter or rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a Mutt or play with a Mutt, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
2. Are you prepared for a new Mutt? Make sure you have all the items necessary when bringing a new mutt home.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
4. Offer to walk the Mutt of an elderly neighbor.
5. Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of Puppy Mills and Gas Chambers in your state.
6. Buy some all natural, organic dog shampoo and give that Mutt a bath!
7. Have a National Mutt Day party and invite all your friends and their dogs!
8. Join the Facebook page and post pics of your Mutt for the world to ooh and ahh over!
9. Order your collectible National Mutt Day tee here!
For more celebration ideas check out nationalmuttday.com
What did you do for National Mutt Day?
Share your beautiful dogs with us on Instagram @hachiko.me #hachikome