Colds, Flu’s, general winter blues got your pooch down? Before you run to the vet try these simple homemade remedies!
- Vitamin E- is great for your dogs skin. Apply directly to the skin by a doggie massage, or a soaking bath. If you want to give it orally talk to your vet about the proper dosage!
- Use citrus power to get rid of fleas- fleas hate citrus, so sprinkle your pet with a small amount of fresh squeezed orange or lemon juice
- Also sprinkle Borax powder on your floor when you dog has fleas and that will help by deteriorating the insects’ exoskeletons.
- Get rid of ticks and get a walking odor distributor- by dabbing some Rose geranium essential oil to your pooches collar
- Chamomile tea is great for itchy skin- make some tea let it cool and put it in a spray bottle and use as needed
- For a more serious itch make an oatmeal rub- mix oatmeal with water rub on to the itchy areas and leave for 10 minutes
- Upset tummy- give your dog some plain yogurt, the live cultures will ease it quickly
- For diarrhea- try mixing some pumpkin puree with your dogs food
- Alleviate bad breath with pupsciles- mix carrot, lime juice and fresh mint freeze and serve as a treat
- Does your pet get carsick? Grate ginger and mix with peanut butter as a snack before getting in the car
Have you used any kind of home remedies in the past? How long do you wait before turning to conventional medication?